1/5/2010 Orphanage visitation at Tambunan

Labour Day, usually this is the day where people take their rest, as for us, we took a long trip to Tambunan visiting an orphanage. There were around 67 children living in that orphanage, their age range from 5 to 17 years old. This is an orphanage under Catholic cares.

We arrived at the orphanage at around 10a.m. then the day start with a handicraft session with the children, teaching them how to make 2 kinds of bookmark, one is the typical bookmark and the other type is made with clothing design on an ice-cream stick. I believe all of them enjoy doing it, not only girls but also the boys there. After the handicraft session, we were seated together with other visitors of the day. From there onwards, we enjoyed all the sharing sessions and performance presented by the children. Undeniably, they are so talented and I believe all of us enjoyed the performance with cheers and unbelievable look on our face.
After the visitation, we had a short trip to one of the resort nearby for river crossing and fish feeding. The day ends with another long trip back to Kota Kinabalu under the watering sky. We are blessed that it’s not raining in the afternoon. Thank God for the arrangement and blessings.

The short movie clip will explain what we saw over there. I never think of doing video-shooting but last minute decision on the spot led me to do some video-shooting. Sorry for the video shaking as I didn’t bring any monopod to do the video-shooting with Nikon D3S and Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII. It is really a heavy combination if you want to take video with that combination without any monopod or tripod support.

All pictures and videos were taken using Nikon D3S and Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

No comments:

All About Myself

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
A guy born and raised in Sibu, Sarawak and I am now currently working in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I am an enthusiast in Photography, it is a way to keep memories of what I've seen in my lifetime. I offer photography services for pre-wedding, personal potrait, studio potrait and especially wedding photography. I enjoy wedding photography as I like the joy of sharing the big moment with the couple big day. Do contact me if you are interested, willing to travel anywhere.