High ISO testing

Nikon D3S + Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G

This testing was done when I was on my way home and I came over a bush fire, so I decided to put my new Nikon D3S to it's high ISO testing. Although it isn't a very good field testing as I forgot to switch off the High ISO Noice Reduction, but it turns up we can experience that how effective the High ISO Noice Reduction helps in eliminating the noise while the ISO-12,800 was used to take this photo.

Photobucket
70mm, ISO-12,800, High ISO NR On, 1/80 sec., f/2.8, Auto WB
(No photoshop editing was made to the photo above)

From the photo above, no noise is clearly visible even on the dark or black area, where normally noise will first appers.

Photobucket
Cropped image from the above photo

From the cropped image, as above, only very slight noise can be noticed on the bright and dark/black area. From this, we can see that the high ISO of Nikon D3S still produces very promising picture quality. Nikon D3S is really famous with it's high ISO capability and it is why it is worth to be invested.

2 comments:

bernard said...

ei..the bomba come to rescue?i didn't wait for them to come

Jackson Lim said...

haha.. then u miss the interesting part..

All About Myself

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
A guy born and raised in Sibu, Sarawak and I am now currently working in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I am an enthusiast in Photography, it is a way to keep memories of what I've seen in my lifetime. I offer photography services for pre-wedding, personal potrait, studio potrait and especially wedding photography. I enjoy wedding photography as I like the joy of sharing the big moment with the couple big day. Do contact me if you are interested, willing to travel anywhere.