I got my Nikon D3S in February 2010 and doesn't really have time to study and test that DSLR camera in detail as I was busy right after I got it. Everything turns better after I moved to another job and finally, have the time to really bring the D3S and test it. Also, I am lucky that my friend, Samuel Choy bought the new Nikkor 70-200mm VRII and have the chance to borrow his lens to use it together with the Nikon D3S. Here are some of the test shot which I hope will help others to understand the real power of Nikon and will aid those who are interested to invest in any of the equipment that I have tested.

A look of Nikon DSLR D3S

Image extracted from www.nikon.com.my. Photo courtesy of Nikon.

The first I wish to share is the combination of Nikon D3S with the combination of 70-200mm VRII. You may noticed that I am using ISO-1600, which is too high for an outdoor shoot. The reason is that I was doing a indoor shooting which is fairly dark and when we noticed this Komodo Dragon, I rushed over to the spot to take the pictures and I was using Manual mode. Unnoticed by myself, I just adjusted the shutter speed for a correct exposure and snap the shot. Only till I got back home, I noticed the ISO reaches 1600. Anywhere, it still can test the sharpness of the new Nikkor 70-200mm VRII and also the image processing of Nikon D3S.

Photobucket
Nikon D3S + Nikkor 70-200mm VRII @ 200mm, F/2.8, ISO-1600, 1/2500sec., EV+0.7

Photobucket
Cropped from the above image

Only contrast level were slightly adjusted on the above pictures, no other photoshop technique were done.

Although a 100% cropped was made to the original photo, the details of the Komodo Dragon still stay intact. With the enhancement of Nano crystal coating on the new Nikkor 70-200 VRII, it really helps in capturing all the details of subject. So, there is no worry for a photographer to stand far away and took a photo of the subject and crop the photo as sometimes due to certain limitations, we are unable to approach the subject in a near distance. With the introduction of this new Nikkor lens, it certainly enhances the capability of the photographer to take nicer pictures.

It cannot be denied that the new Nikkor 70-200mm VRII has a slightly reduction in the focal length compare with the old Nikkor 70-200mm VR, but the sharpness given by the new Nikkor 70-200mm VRII is definitely surpass the reduction in focal length. With only a slight increase in the price compare with the old Nikkor 70-200mm VR, this lens is definitly one lens worth to invest.

2 comments:

d'enricher said...

Nice Photo.

Just Dropping by due to the Tiger Blogfest 2010. Hope to see some nice photo of the Tiger here with your skill on photography.

Regards
Your Blog is # 41 of 115 participants.

Jackson Lim said...

Thks d'enricher.. still WIP with my Tiger blog.. doesn't hv a lot of tiger photos.. need to capture more for the blogfest..

All About Myself

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
A guy born and raised in Sibu, Sarawak and I am now currently working in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I am an enthusiast in Photography, it is a way to keep memories of what I've seen in my lifetime. I offer photography services for pre-wedding, personal potrait, studio potrait and especially wedding photography. I enjoy wedding photography as I like the joy of sharing the big moment with the couple big day. Do contact me if you are interested, willing to travel anywhere.