I am late in posting this post in conjunction with Tiger Blogfest 2010 which is schedule to be on 19-23 April 2010 as I was too busy with my jobs, but for myself, helping these marvelous animals should be done all the time. This is the reason that I still publish this post although it is late.

The tiger (Panthera tigris) is a member of the Felidae family and the largest of the four “big cats” in the genus Panthera. This magnificent cat can grow up to 3.3 metres or 11 ft in total length and can weigh up to 300 kilograms or 660 pounds. . (Extracted from www.wikipedia.org).

Sadly, this magnificent cat is facing extinction from the face of the Earth. Non-stop killing in the early date for its’ skins for decoration has dwindle the population of this cat. Although efforts are made around the world to save the tiger, but continuance human ignorance, such as illegal hunting and forestation have become another threat to the continued existence of the cat. Nowadays, children are still able to see the tiger in zoo or in protected area supported by local governments. If we, human beings or so called homo sapiens, continue to be ignorance, the future generation will only be able to see the tiger on the television screen, of which the video was taken ages ago, or from the printout. Let us come together to stop illegal hunting and uncontrolled forestation. “When the buying stops, the killings stops”, this phrase is definitely true as when there is no demand, there won’t be any supply and it will help to stop illegal hunting of this magnificent cat.

Therefore, I would like to share with all my friends here some photos which I had taken of this magnificent cat at Lok Kawi Zoo in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah back in June 2009. Hopefully after seeing this magnificent cat, you can also help by contributing some efforts in keeping this animal on the face of the earth.

Photos were taken with Nikon D300 with Nikkor 70-300mm VR

Photobucket
The Tiger taking shelter under the shadow from the heat.

Photobucket
Hidden Tiger behind the bush, the distinguish eye still in sight.

Photobucket
The Tiger with it's specific icon at the back.

Photobucket
The distinguish stare of the Tiger.

In addition to it, I would like to share this short and meaningful video from World Wide Fund for Nature ("WWF"). Through this short video, you will be able to know what is the population of this Tiger left in this world.


In conjuction with:

4 comments:

bernard said...

good shot bro, i would like to comment on the tiger's scientific name should be in italic..hehhe

Jackson Lim said...

Eh, when i type it i did put it in italic.. i'll adjust it again.. anyway.. thks man..

Anonymous said...

Hello.
The interesting name of a site - jacksonspace.blogspot.com, interesting this here is very good.
I spent 3 hours searching in the network, until find your forum!

Jackson Lim said...

Thks for the compliments, sorry for the incovenience caused as the first name which came into my mind has been used so I have to come out with something different. ^_^

All About Myself

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
A guy born and raised in Sibu, Sarawak and I am now currently working in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I am an enthusiast in Photography, it is a way to keep memories of what I've seen in my lifetime. I offer photography services for pre-wedding, personal potrait, studio potrait and especially wedding photography. I enjoy wedding photography as I like the joy of sharing the big moment with the couple big day. Do contact me if you are interested, willing to travel anywhere.